Uttar Pradesh Tops Digital India Award List, Beats Gujarat Hands Down
Uttar Pradesh is emerging as the Land of Unlimited Potential. Our visionary Digital CM, Akhilesh Yadav aims to design and implement innovative, convenient, integrated, and accessible frameworks for the prosperity of the people of the state. He is making all possible efforts to bridge the digital gap and take Uttar Pradesh on the path of substantial digital growth and development. His unremitting efforts have recently been appreciated by the prestigious Digital India Awards which recognize great work done for digital development in the states of India.
At the awards, Uttar Pradesh’s commercial tax department outshined Gujarat and earned itself the highest award under the ambitious Digital India scheme of the BJP led NDA government at Centre.
The department received the Platinum award for its Vanijyakar (Commercial Tax) Automation System (VYAS) that brought all the registered commercial entities in the state on the online platform. The commercial tax department of the Gujarat government, on the other hand, received the Gold for providing e-permit. Punjab’s Bureau of Investment Promotion came in third for providing one-stop clearance system.
Commercial tax commissioner, Mukesh Meshram, who received the award from Union minister of information technology Ravishankar Prasad in New Delhi said that the department had been working with the National Information Centre to bring all traders and commercial set-ups, online. VYAS essentially happens to be a bilingual integrated e-governance solution for providing efficient system of collection of taxes based on progressive use of IT.
Let us have a look at the key achievements of UP Commercial Tax Department under the leadership of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav which helped them achieve this award.
- More than 1,300 sector offices located in 75 districts of UP.
- More than 13 lakh dealers, registered with the department had been provided a TIN-based login.
- This facilitates provision of online tax payment and return e-payment facility has been provided to taxpayers to make commercial tax payments through secured website.
- Complete security of transactions between computer and bank.
- Department goes completely paperless by using Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in a big way.
- Online applications to facilitate dealers includes e-Registration, e-Amendment, e-Sancharan, Online TDS certificate, Online Annual Return, e-Return, e-Payment and others
We congratulate UP Commercial Tax Department for bringing home this platinum prestige.
India, it’s time to take a cue from Digital Uttar Pradesh.