Some thrilling facts we bet you didn’t know about Lucknow Metro
Lucknow Metro, the dream project of Akhilesh Yadav and the people of Lucknow is progressing at a very fast pace and has already achieved the distinction of being the fastest Metro project execution that has ever been taken in the country. The project is moving ahead at a very rapid rate and has completed construction of 8.5 km priority section from Transport Nagar to Charbagh.
Alignment of Lucknow’s 8.48 km priority corridor
Major Reasons of Introducing Metro in Lucknow
- To improve mobility with lower CO2 emission
- To reduce consumption of fuel
- Reduction in road accidents
- To generate more direct/indirect employment for many job seekers in the city.
- To generate more revenue for the state government
Technical Features of the Project
Facilities Inside Lucknow Metro Depots
- Space for maintenance facility for metro trains, for smoother flow of service and rich experience to commuters
- Washing and cleaning facility for trains
- Electrical and mechanical maintenance facility for metro carts
- Comprises of a huge Training centre for the workforce involved with LMRC
- Canteen facility
- It houses Power supply, Power backup and distribution system
- A centralized control centre for the metro service
- Telecom tower for radio
- System for secondary means of communication
- System for operational and functional safety requirements
- Rainwater harvesting to charge the underground reserves
Latest Status of Lucknow Metro Rail Project
At Transport Nagar metro station, LMRC Managing Director, Kumar Keshav reviewed the operational preparedness on 26th November 2016 with regard to the commissioning of metro train trial run. He inspected the platform, metro track, finishing, and electrical and mechanical (E&M) works being carried at the station. He oversaw the track where the metro train would be placed at the time of flagging-off ceremony during the trail run and gave his feedback on improvements to be done.
The first set of 4 metro coaches have already reached the depot at Transport Nagar on 19th November 2016. Next day morning, all coaches were offloaded on the depot’s delivery line after a small puja held by the LMRCL’s MD.
Photo Copyright: LMRCL
Lucknow metro team is currently testing the trial track, technical aspects and coaches’ adaptability to various tests. It includes static testing (when coaches are standing on track), dynamic testing (when in motion) and oscillation trials. After this the coaches are launched on test tracks. LMRC has made over 600 metre trial track inside depot where trials would begin from today.
LMRC is now a role model for other Metros that shall be coming up in the city of Kanpur, Varanasi, Agra and Meerut in near future.