Here’s a Report Card on “UP 100” Performance So far
The recently launched ‘UP 100’ is an integrated emergency service which provides immediate help to the large number of Uttar Pradesh residents across 11 districts.
The prime duty of my government is to extend security to people and deal sternly with criminals” – Chief Minister, Akhilesh Yadav
UP 100 service has reinstated peoples trust in police by reaching the distressed caller in maximum 20 minutes in rural areas and 15 minutes in urban areas.
Here are some cases which shows the promptness of UP Police in responding to caller’s grievances across the state.
- Akshay of Gorakhpur’s Heerapuri colony. He called ‘UP 100’ control room, after he found that car lifters have escaped with his car. The police team reached the spot immediately and traced the car within 2 hours. Even in cases of traffic jam the cops are coming forward to rescue the callers, once a complaint is lodged at the control room.
- In Lucknow, Pradeep who was trapped in a traffic jam in the Nishatganj area called up ‘UP 100’ to report a snarl. The cops arrived within minutes and streamlined the traffic movement.
- In Moradabad, the cops came within no time to help the fighting security persons and civilians after locals called ‘UP 100’ for assistance.
- The case of clashes between people harassed due to demonetisation have also risen. Here too, ‘UP 100’ came for help.
- In Agra’s Loha Mandi area, two groups clashed after some youths tried to force their way into the bank. A citizen alerted the ‘UP 100’ and cops landed at the spot to restore the order.
- The cops also resolved the dispute between a woman and her sister-in-law in New Surksha Bihar locality of Agra after she dialed ‘UP 100’ for help.
- The service also helped to save life of a man who had consumed poison to end his life after the family members alerted the control room in Varanasi.
- In another case, the cops saved the life of a housewife after she consumed poison following dispute with husband.
- In Moradabad too, the cops turned saviour for a man who tried to commit suicide. The family members thanked the cops for quick response.
The powerful UP 100 Service is also saving lives of many girls and women by admitting them in the hospitals during emergency. Since its launch, not a single complaint has been received which says that police has reached late at the site after the information of accident or any incident.
So, next time if you are in distress and need any kind of assistance from the Uttar Pradesh police, remember that help is literally a call away.