Dear Akhilesh Yadav, Thank you for making our lives easy with UP 100 App #DigitalUP
We all know about the great Dial 100 service which is slated to begin soon in Uttar Pradesh. Taking another step forward in the same direction, Dial 100 app was launched by our #DigitalCM Akhilesh Yadav who also unveiled the logo for the service.
After launching the ‘UP100 App’, Yadav said that this will be the official mobile application of Dial 100 project state-wide and is intended to assist citizens in times of emergencies.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav stressed that the country’s first and world’s biggest integrated modern Police Emergency Response System (PERS) coined ‘Dial 100’, will be a milestone in controlling crime and ensuring law and order which has been high on the government’s agenda. “Opposition Parties may say anything they want to, but the fact remains that if someone has done any major work for the police, its betterment, integration of modernity and information technology, it is the Samajwadi Party (SP) government,” he added.
The full-fledged launch of the UP 100 services is expected on November 2, so before that let us know what all it has to offer
- the Dial 100 service would ensure that police reaches the crime scene in 15 minutes in both rural and urban areas.
- In case of emergency, information like gender, age, location, language will assist the police respond faster and with ease.
- While registering under the app, a citizen can give up to five numbers to be contacted during emergency. In case of emergency, an SMS will be sent to all registered persons’ mobile phone. Similarly, five locations like my home, my parents’ home, my daughters school, my bank etc. could be registered which will automatically give the geographical coordinates of the location.
- When a registered user calls ‘UP100’ in emergency, his/her registered locations will be displayed on the officer’s screen which will assist the team to quickly reach the spot.
- For the app to yield the services promised, 3,204 four-wheelers and 1,600 two-wheelers equipped with modern gadgets are being provided to the state police.
- The UP government would spend around Rs. 2,325.35 crores on the project and will have sub-centres at Agra, Ghaziabad, Jhansi. and Varanasi.
- This would be the world’s biggest integrated modern Police Emergency Response System (PERS) which would prove to be a milestone towards efficiently harnessing the law and order front.
- The PERS building will come up over eight-acre land near Shaheed Path, Lucknow and will have a call centre to distress calls within 10 to 15 minutes.
- Any person can contact the Dial 100 headquarters through phone, mobile, SMS or other ways around the clock and all calls would be recorded. A case will be closed only if the complainant is satisfied.
- PERS building will have a centre for training personnel on attending calls and dealing with emergency situations.
- A total of 300 Communication Officers will receive distress calls from across the state and 200 dispatch officers will ensure police help.
- India’s largest centralised ‘Dial 100’ police control call centre will also extend help for medical emergencies.
UP Government subscribes to the view that development and security are two faces of the same coin. Perception of safety and security is very important to attract large scale investment. People feel secure only when they believe that government agencies would be readily available at their service in case of an emergency. This thought was kept in mind by UPCM Akhilesh Yadav and therefore the idea was mooted after a five-member UP government team visited San Francisco, Austin, New York and other cities in the USA to get a first-hand account of the operational `Dial-911’ there.
This dream project of UP Government under Akhilesh Yadav would be a “Game Changer” in true sense and path maker for others. We wish all the best to UP Police for this service.